About MySource Matrix (Squiz Matrix)
We believe your website should be simple, economical and most of all, dynamic. We also believe the tools for controlling your site’s content should rest firmly in your hands.
That’s why we build our sites exclusively with MySource Matrix, an enterprise open-source content management system (CMS). It’s a well-supported product already hard at work empowering thousands of other mid-sized and large organisations to run their own websites. And it’s quickly becoming the standard choice of government.
With a CMS, making frequent updates is a simple task, taking just a few minutes. And far from being just a basic text editor, MySource Matrix offers advanced features like e-commerce, blogging, and contact forms.
Some of the features, as described by the Squiz MySource Matrix website, include:
- A user interface compatible with most web browsers that doesn’t need high-level IT skills to use. And no programming skills are needed to use any of MySource Matrix’s features
- Rich content editing for users with little or no IT skills
- Comprehensive content versioning and audit trails
- Industry leading standards and web accessibility support
- Definable workflow
- Granular Permissions
- Content locking (check-out) to ensure editors can work collaboratively
- Flexible and enforceable metadata schema
- Link management (ie cannot delete items and cause broken links in a site)
- Design and content tasks are kept separate to reduce maintenance
- Able to present content to different channels, such as text-only, Blackberry or iPhone
- Dynamic content personalisation and other portal style functions
- Internationalisation support (i.e. translations on the fly)
- Easily extensible architecture with plug-in modules such as calendars, discussion forums, search engine etc
Still not convinced that you can manage your own site? Contact us and we’ll gladly give you a test drive.